Some people think being a stay-at-home mom means I sit around and eat bon-bons all day. This is not true. Sometimes I eat cookies instead.

Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Mother's Day

Not too eventful... I didn't have to change a single diaper, which was nice. And once Sir woke up, Ryan took him out of the bedroom and let me sleep in some more. Which was SUPER nice, because I got ZERO sleep the night before.

Seriously. I was wide awake until about 5 am. Why? Because I'm crazy and think someone is going to break into our house and kill me. I was literally sitting bolt upright in bed for at least 3 hours. I made Ryan do about 4 walk-throughs of the house to make sure no one actually did break in. Didn't help. The gusting winds outside and the fact that we lost power around 1 am didn't help either.

So when I opened my Mother's Day cards, I got 2 lovely surprises. A weekend in Boston without Sir (just me & Ryan!) AND a home security system. Hopefully that will help me feel safer at night. Pretty sad that I'm so crazy I need to pay money so I can get some sleep.

Tonight Ryan offered a handgun and shooting/safety lessons instead :) I might take him up on it. It's something I've been planning on doing anyway. I would get one of those safes that attaches to the side of the bed that opens with your palm print. The safety class is at least a must since Ryan already has several in the house.

MIL also came to visit in the evening. Now, I realize that this is Ryan's mother, and it was Mother's Day, and blah blah blah. But she's done mothering. This is MY Mother's Day. And honestly, I really just didn't want to see her. I never do. She's irritating. And she makes my baby smell like old lady perfume. AND she uses baby talk, which grates on my nerves like nails on a chalkboard!!! At least she's gone from passive-aggressive backhanded comments to pretty much ignoring me completely, which is a step in the right direction!

She just so effin' nosey! She needs to know everything about our business, and my family's business. I DON'T WANT TO TELL HER. Ryan needs to stop the info train. Just because she feels the need to share her financial situation with us doesn't mean we have to do the same. Totally inappropriate in my opinion. I'll say this, however. Ryan's dad got a good divorce lawyer.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, that prison across from your house is old and EMPTY right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, old and empty. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete