Some people think being a stay-at-home mom means I sit around and eat bon-bons all day. This is not true. Sometimes I eat cookies instead.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Hate My Diaper Bag

Hate. It. It's really cute. But so so so impractical. It's a kate spade, I got it last year at the Wrentham outlets for half off. But, oh, the things you don't realize before you have kids.

First of all, it leaves pink streaks on my car every time it happens to hit the exterior. Like if I'm squeezing through the garage with the car seat and diaper bag. PINK STREAKS. ON MY CAR.

It doesn't have very many pockets. 2 exterior, but the exterior material is really stiff and I can't fit too much in them. They're also not large. 4 on the inside, and one zippered pouch. Okay. Maybe it has plenty of pockets for the normal person. But not me! I like pockets!

It doesn't close. The top gets secured by two strings that I have to tie shut. Not exactly something I feel like doing every time I have to go in there for something while I'm trying to wrangle a wriggly baby.

Plus, I'm getting past the stage where I need to pack 12 diapers and 3 backup outfits. Now all I need (unless it's an all day long excursion) are one or two diapers, a burp cloth, wipes, changing pad, and toys. The diapers, wipes, and changing pad I have in a travel pad in my car at all times. Sort of like this:

So I need something NOT HUGE, and also something that doesn't scream diaper bag. It's not easy. And I'm not exactly looking to spend hundreds of dollars.

I suppose I could start using my regular handbag. But then I realize that I haven't really purchased anything for me in like 6 months. I won't buy new clothes for me because I'm a fatass. I turned my excessive spending habits into buying clothes for Sir, and buying groceries. Probably thus contributing to me being a fatass.

*sigh* I just want a cute new diaper bag. Or handbag that will function as a diaper bag. And I would like someone to find it for me and tell me "Look! I found you a diaper bag!"

*sigh* I just want a cute new... something. I'm starting to feel like a frumpy mom. I spend most of my day in yoga pants (see: I'm a fatass); I can't remember the last time I did my hair. Showering is a luxury that I forget to do some days. I haven't had an eyebrow wax since BEFORE SIR WAS BORN. I feel like Sasquatch. Pedicure? Oh please. My feet could cut granite. Manicure? Not a chance. Sir's starting to teethe and I don't really want him eating my nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment