Some people think being a stay-at-home mom means I sit around and eat bon-bons all day. This is not true. Sometimes I eat cookies instead.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

First Post

And I'm not even sure what one writes about. My history? Or do I just jump right in with what's happening right now?

Right now I'm wondering why I have the world's neediest baby. And then I realize, oh right, he refuses to nap for more than half an hour and he hasn't pooped in 3 days. And really, that's enough to make anyone crabby. Especially the pooping bit. Makes me want to go take a Colace and an Ambien just thinking about it. Heck, it makes me want to give HIM a Colace and an Ambien.

So I met Ryan back in 2004. It was a blind date to my company's Christmas - oh, i'm sorry, HOLIDAY - party. The rest is history. Sir was born December 16, 2009... almost 4 weeks early due to HELLP syndrome after a fairly uneventful pregnancy. After that I rode out my maternity leave and then quit my job to become a SAHM. Which is a job in itself. And very demanding. How many of you have to wipe YOUR boss's ass 8 times a day?

I have developed a love for clipping coupons. And then forgetting to use them. And telling myself I will make dinner. And then defrosting something frozen. And saying I'm going to clean. And then making Ryan do it on weekends.

And, really, I'm too funny NOT to blog. So here it is. Have I just set myself up for certain failure? I hope not.

1 comment:

  1. BOO YAH FIRST COMMENT!!!!
    LOL at the "wiping your boss's ass". And only 8 times a day? Thats it? I thought babies needed diapers like 20 times a day. So much to learn...

    ReplyDelete