Some people think being a stay-at-home mom means I sit around and eat bon-bons all day. This is not true. Sometimes I eat cookies instead.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo!

Another awesome day... we went for a morning walk with R and her baby L and had breakfast at Subway. We got home and I needed to shower so we could go out again. What to do with Sir? I tried to put him in his Exersaucer - fail. He's not quite ready for it yet. He would try to put weight on his legs and end up face-planting into the toys. Needless to say, he did not enjoy it. Maybe in a week or two. So I stuck him in the crib and put on his waterfall soother:

It's totally awesome, like baby TV. He is entranced by it. I just wish it played longer than 3 minutes.

After the world's quickest shower we went to Wickham Park with my friend J and her son L, who is 2. He had a blast at the playground and the aviary, which I remember from when I was a kid! Sir was unable to fully appreciate the playground. Funny thing - Sir got hungry, so I got out my nursing cover (because he is easily distracted these days) and I was feeding him. This 4 year old boy sees me from across the playground and comes barreling over and shouts "what do you think you're doing??" and before I had a chance to respond his mom came over and grabbed him. Looking at it from a 4 year old's perspective, I don't know what he thought I was doing, what with my baby's legs hanging out from under a blanket and all.

So this evening I went out with R and G and J for margaritas in honor of Cinco de Mayo. We figured we'd try Besito, a delicious Mexican restaurant. I told R it would be packed - and sure enough, it was. She was all "but it's Wednesday night!" and I was all "um, it's Cinco de Mayo... and it's a Mexican place" and she was shocked. It's okay, we went to an Italian place first and got margaritas there. Pretty tasty.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard people call that soother thing "baby crack machine". I guess its just that good...

    ReplyDelete