Some people think being a stay-at-home mom means I sit around and eat bon-bons all day. This is not true. Sometimes I eat cookies instead.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

2 Things...

And they're entirely unrelated.

1. I hate my period. HATE. IT. Like with the burning fire of a thousand suns. I did not miss it at all while I was pregnant. Not having it was one of my pregnancy highlights. It returned last month and I was not pleased. I also felt a bit like I was 12 having my first period. I didn't know what to do! I was scrambling in my closet hoping that I had some kind of product left over from last year.

So I thought maybe it was a fluke last month and it wouldn't come back this month, but don't you know? Like clockwork. There it is.

I'm a little angry. I'm still exclusively breastfeeding Sir and for many mothers, AF doesn't come back until the baby is weaned. Not so in my case. Mother Nature has it in for me.

It's not easy for me to find time to pee, much less take care of other business. This is not convenient for me.


2. There was a giant black bear in my front yard tonight!!! I was standing in the dining room talking to Ryan, happened to look out the big bay window, and BAM! Literally 5 feet away lumbering through!!! I tried to get a picture, but by the time I grabbed the camera and got the door open, it was already across the street in the neighbor's yard.

I knew there were bears in the neighborhood (last I heard there were about 7), but I've never seen one in the five years we've been here. Normally they don't come over to our side of the street, they spend their time in the woods on the ridge across from us.

But holy crap! There it was tonight! It was huge! Almost gave me a heart attack since I was NOT expecting to see a bear when I looked out the window!

Okay, that's all. Time for me to pack so I can head up to the Cape with R and the babes for a few days!

1 comment:

  1. Dude that totally blows about your period.
    Have fun at the Cape!!!

    ReplyDelete