Some people think being a stay-at-home mom means I sit around and eat bon-bons all day. This is not true. Sometimes I eat cookies instead.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stop, you're making me blush...

So I was at the dentist the other day, getting a filling replaced and having X-Rays done. My dentist irritates me for one simple reason - they are very chatty. Dentists should not be chatty. Their main job involves having their hands in your mouth. How are you supposed to respond??

Regardless, my dentists (and assistants and hygienists) all think that it's totally normal to try to carry on a conversation with you. This makes most appointments twice as long as they need to be. And it causes some very awkward moments when they say weird things to fill the silence.

I was told that I am the best X-Ray patient ever. I don't know why. Because I can hold still? I do not understand how someone can mess up having teeth X-Rays done. But the fact that I can contort my mouth and jaw and hold them in the same uncomfortable position for a set period of time can't be a BAD thing, right? (wink wink, nudge nudge)

I was also told that I have lots of saliva, which isn't a bad thing because it protects my teeth. This I have no control over, but at least now I know where Sir gets it from.

1 comment:

  1. My dentist always tells me how beautiful my enamel is. At least I always have that to fall back on whenever my self esteem is taking a nose dive...

    ReplyDelete