Some people think being a stay-at-home mom means I sit around and eat bon-bons all day. This is not true. Sometimes I eat cookies instead.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

That New Baby Smell

I loves it. Not the smelly lotions or detergents, but straight-up clean baby. It's intoxicating. I could sit and smell Sir for hours. Creepy much?

Or I used to. Because now he's lost that new baby smell. And now, at any given moment, he is more likely to smell like Cheerios and apple juice. Which isn't necessarily a BAD smell, it just isn't the same. And it reminds me that Sir is growing up, against my express wishes. I mean, I thought we discussed his growing. And I thought we were on the same page, meaning he wouldn't. He seems to be ignoring me. A sign of things to come?

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean. Though I do enjoy the smell of Dreft, its a little too girly for my manly man Jack, so he rocks the straight up clean baby smell too...man it is frigging fantastic!

    ReplyDelete