Some people think being a stay-at-home mom means I sit around and eat bon-bons all day. This is not true. Sometimes I eat cookies instead.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Had to POAS...

And THANK GOD it was negative. Seriously. I was about to crap a brick. The rational part of my brain knew that the likelihood that I was preggers again was slim to none (I'm still exclusively breastfeeding, and we're using birth control) but after having 2 straight periods and then being late for one... I was fairly concerned.

I made R take me to Target and then peed in her bathroom. I thought about leaving it on the counter to give her husband J a heart attack, and then decided that wouldn't be nice. Instead I left it sitting nice & pretty in my bathroom trash at home to give MY DH a heart attack :) Sadly, he is remarkably unobservant and did not notice.

I will want another child at some point, but I need some time to pass from the awful newborn/infant phase so I forget how horrible it was before I'm willing to start trying. I also want to be free from pregnancy/breastfeeding (or at least mostly) for my 30th birthday.

But speaking of Target, this trip was my first trip there in maybe a month. I can't believe I held out that long! And of course, I managed to spend $100. Considering I only went there for a pregnancy test and some Father's Day cards, I have no idea how I ended up spending that much. Of course, I picked up Ryan's Father's Day gift. I felt a little weird... I'm going to give it to him like "Here you go, honey, do you like what I bought you with your money?" I'm still getting used to this whole SAHM, not earning my own $$ thing.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, definitely need to be non-pregnant/BF for the 30th bday. I don't know about you, but mine will involve a lot of alcohol. A lot.

    ReplyDelete